Monday, January 6, 2014

After Christmas


Dec 29, 2013

Thank you for the pictures, they look great.  Now I just wish I could figure out how to put them on my phone.  I am glad you had fun in Lava Hot Springs over Christmas.  Darn I miss Lava!  For Christmas we went around and visited tons of members and they fed us tons of food.  Good stuff!   I do keep a good eye on my new phone; it is my lifeline for learning Chinese.  It is funny about Elysa’s blond moment as you were eating at the Chuck wagon in Lava.  I have actually played a lot of pool here. The Chuck wagon has good food, oh man I want to go there when I get back.

Sounds like you were doing some good missionary work while you were up in Lava.  Members are so vital! Without members nothing happens!!

I am not sick but my comp might have a disease growing on his foot.  haha J  I keep telling him he is going to die.  He doesn't like it very much.   This week has been a lot of visiting people and just talking with them.   People don’t seem to like to talk about church things when it is Christmas.  It is weird.   Oh well, we still are building good friendships with them.  It looks like neither Elder Mitchell nor I will be getting transferred for at least 2 weeks.   They were supposed to be this week but I guess not.  Next week is zone conference and we go to Singapore and the week after is transfers and maybe I will get a chance to train!

We fly a ton.   The mission spends so much money on that.  It is crazy! Zone conferences and renewing Visas to stay out here cost so much money.

Love you guys got to go  J

Jan.5th

That is awesome about Dad’s new church calling.  With dad in the Sunday school, I can see mom in young womens. What do you think?

I am glad to hear that mom is quilting and making more quilting friends.  It will be great to get your name out there with the other quilters.  That will definitely move the quilting business forward.

We leave Wednesday for Singapore at 840 and don't get back till Friday at 4.  I haven't spent very much time in Singapore so I don’t know much about the Ferris wheel. It sounds like it is fun.

Things are going great this week.  We have had a lot of miracles.   Last night we had the best lesson ever.  We went and visited sister Cai and we brought President Chan with us. He bore such a powerful testimony and committed them all to come to church.   Even the non-members in the family said they would come.  I am so excited.  It will be so good!!

We also got lost in Tudan last night, but a very nice man who was Muslim helped us find our way out.

We had our first priesthood class ever yesterday.  Woot woot woot!

I have had a couple headaches but it has been because of dehydration.   But I am hydrated again with no problems.

I sent home a picture of the outside of my apartment; it is the nicest house in the mission besides Singapore. It is called the Miri Mansion. Our landlord is Chinese so I go practice my Chinese with him when ever he comes over to weed or paint.  The Elders that live in Jin Hold have maids!!

Dad, don’t get jealous of my bike.  It actually is a pretty old bike.   The chain is rusty and some of the gears are missing. It has been a missionary bike for a very long time.  I am just grateful it works.  I am planning on selling it, I can ship it home to you if you want it dad.   Or you can buy some really nice ones here for like 1000rm which is like 333 American.  I could look in to the slow boating prices if you want??

Catch you next week