Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Volleyball turf wars

4-13
Hey family,
I listened to conference this week oh and I forgot to tell you about your son playing volleyball! So my first p-day here, we went to the beach and played Frisbee and Volleyball. We were playing around, when some guys came up and wanted to play on the nets... (little did we know that they were professional volleyball players) So, we told them we would play them for the court. We got on one side, and they were on the other. The match ensued. It was me and 2 big elders on the front and we were killing it. We beat them 21 to 14. J They are now new investigators because we said that if we beat them then we get to teach them about the gospel. We had to pass them off to the English speaking elders, but that is ok. It was awesome.
The weather in Utah sounds nice, it has been so hot here and then we have smashing rain. You will have to send me some pictures of your yard work. My companion is eventually going to San Jose California. His brother is going to Hong Kong. I think their mom is really busy right now trying to get their visas ready.
So my investigator is going back to China... it was so sad to see him go. We are still chatting with him online while he is there. And we are still teaching him. Shhhhh!!!! don't tell anyone!!
We finally figured out what was making my kitchen smell funny. It was a rice cooker full of maggots and rice that had been sitting there for 5 weeks... so before I came to Singapore... so gross. I will attach a picture.
 
Mom your birthday present is almost done! Tell Abbi 你好!
How is my Jeep. Hopefully it is ok. I miss driving it around. Does it still smell like me? Abbi said it smelled like me.
(Referring to his new ties that we didn’t recognize that he was wearing in pictures.)
They are just from other missionaries and some members. I compliment their tie and then they usually ask to trade. The members just take it off and give it to you, even if you refuse. It is crazy! My clothes are great and my shoes are great! They only reason that shoes are not good is when you don't take care of them. There was a missionary that I met before my mission that bought shoes from Walmart because he didn't have much money. He put insoles in them that helped his feet feel comfortable. He polished and protected them every week and they looked like they were fresh out of the box. They were 2 years old! So, it doesn't matter what you by as long as you are diligent in taking care of them. I am so happy that I have the shoes you guys sent me, they are so amazing and I love them! You guys are the best! We made all the right choices in clothing. In fact you sent me with all the right stuff! I have my testimony and my scriptures. And that is the most important.
Love you mom you are awesome!:)
get feeling better!:)
爱你!
Elder Fletcher

 
4/20
Dear Family,
This week has been pretty good, we have a new investigator we are working with. She is great. She has tons of awesome questions and wants to understand everything. She already is starting to develop an awesome relationship with our members. Right after we finish our lesson, Ray and her went on a date. Ray has been the member working with her. Ray is a return missionary. We just have to finish helping her understand the commandments. We are trying to do our best to find new people to teach. We have been working together on Chinese and improving our Chinese. I am doing great and it sounds like you guys are too.
Other then that today, we are going off to the zoo, It sounds like we will have lots of fun today at the zoo.
Hey, I found a present for Abbi, but I haven't bought it yet.
Tell Mike that I hope everything is ok, and that his jeep will get back to normal. Speaking of Jeeps, please take some pictures of mine and send them to me.
Look up “William Kellie Smith” and see if we are related to him, he owned a castle in Malaysia.
Love you guys so much!
Elder Fletcher